Selecting the right shingles for your roof is an important decision that will impact your home’s look and for decades to come. But your roof must be more than just a pretty face. Your shingles have perform in the volatile Charlotte climate – rain or shine. Blue Fox Roofing is here to help guide you through choosing the ideal shingle brand, style and color to suit your home perfectly.
When evaluating brand options, keep these tips in mind:
- Durability is key – reputable brands like CertainTeed or Owens Corning offer and uphold limited lifetime product warranties. It’s definitely a case of getting what you pay for.
- In the Charlotte Metrolina area, you may consider an impact-resistant shingles or a roof system that includes a better wind rating to withstand storms and keep your home safe.
- While cost is a consideration, don’t get hoodwinked into thinking the cheapest option is the best value long-term.
- Remember, a bunch of high-end roofing products won’t do any good if they’re installed incorrectly. Give careful consideration to the reputation of the Charlotte roofing company you choose. Read their reviews – good and bad and see how they respond to complaints. Additionally, make sure the roofing professional you choose is manufacturer trained and certified.
Finding the Right Style
You’ll also want to decide on a shingle style:
- Architectural shingles feature layered dimensions that add visual interest to your roof.
- 3-Tab shingles have a simple, budget-friendly look with flat tabs along the bottom.
- Luxury shingles mimic slate or shake for an upscale natural aesthetic.
Picking the Perfect Color
Don’t underestimate the importance of color in complementing your home’s style:
- Homes with cream tone trim may look great with a mellow earth tone option like Weathered Wood or Driftwood. Or, perhaps you’ll lean toward to bolder look of Heather Blend.
- Homes with gray, black or white trim may look best with one of the many shade of black or gray available today.
- Whatever color you choose, make sure it complements the rest of your home – or whatever color you plan on painting afterwards. Ask your Blue Fox rep for shingle samples and addresses of the shingles on houses in your area. We are happy to help.
- If you are still struggling to settle on a color, consider reaching out to an interior designer. Many of them offer color consultations to help homeowners in just such a bind.
Let Blue Fox guide you through all the shingle decisions so you feel good about your new roof. Contact us to get started!